The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Faking it

7.30am, 1 hour, Centennial Park

A late start and a slow coffee getting ready for the run. In the warm up run to the park I was full of beans. After yesterday's 10km race I was running smoothly, no niggles and a spring in the step. Might commence a reverse taper a week early, and do a lazy 10km race six foot eve.

At the park I found Sean's squad, and in keeping up with them I started to lose a few beans. I was a bit tired in the legs, took it easy, and at Sean's recommendation stayed at the 'back of the pack'.
Had a chat to Mohammed and later Vat and peeled off early to go home. Felt so fresh at the end I did not even notice the last 15 minutes of the run. Might be a bit different at the end of the run next weekend.

I should be getting excited about the race next weekend, so to spice up the blog this week I'll fake a bit of emotion and drama, a bit like faking orgasm. So don't feel cheated as I whip myself into a frenzy.

4 Comments:

At 5:57 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Whip away... as only you do best ;-)

 
At 6:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now you're talking.. nothing like a good whipping.

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger 2P said...

If you notice the last 15 minutes next week then you're not doing it right!

Why get excited - afterall its just a doddle over some hills....

 
At 7:33 am, Blogger Gronk said...

I'm sure that by Thursday you'll be on the edge of your seat DJ. Congrats on the 10km PB too !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home