The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Big Bertha

6.30am, 4.5km hill circuit, Centennial Park

A good crowd at Sean's this morning. I felt a bit tired in the legs after yesterday's hills, but no real stiffness or soreness. Yesterday's new lower back symptoms were gone.

I enjoyed following Ewan and Liz around the circuit, although I fell off the pace pretty quickly. We started half way up the hill of a 10 lap circuit, which was doing my head-in with mental calculations of how many hills and half-hills to go to the finish.

My lap times were consistently even. I finished in 17.23, 2 seconds off the pb. Finished pacing Kit on her last lap, and the scenery was transformed remarkably similar to that of the Canberra marathon course as we surged to the finish.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 am, Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear the back is back.

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Katie said...

God I hope the finish is not like that!!! You fast guys looked good this morning! Thanks heaps for the last lap... much appreciated! Nothing like a bit of egging on to get you over the line!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home