The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, February 24, 2006

True faith

7.00am, 30 minutes , Centennial Park

I had recovered quickly from yesterday's session, and even recovered well from the compounded effects of the last 3 days. Last couple of Fridays I was very tired. This morning I could have done more running but I stuck to the program of 30 minutes easy.

There's an element of faith in following a program at times. It has worked very well so far, so I'm still a true believer. I'm not going to muck around now with the six foot taper about to happen. I am quite curious on how I will run six foot track day. I still feel very ordinary during many training runs.

Anyway, I cruised around Centennial Park on a truncated inside lap and finished with a few stride throughs without getting into top gear. I might even get some real speed into the runs on the weekend. About time.

3 Comments:

At 4:39 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Have you done 6' before DJ? 2004??

Having followed your blog and seen you in action at Quarry Rd it is hard to imagine you having anything other than a fantastic run on the 11th.

Just don't be too drunk by the time I finish.....

 
At 4:41 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ya gotta have faith ... or so George Michael says :-)

 
At 4:52 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

You told me that Sean is a great coach once, so keep the faith. Things are looking good so far.

I'll be at the end to cheer you in; might even bring bad lulu with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home