The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, February 27, 2006

Wild and windy (the weather)

6.30am, 45 minutes easy, Moore Park

Nice cool change last night, and pleasant conditions this morning for a run. I stuck to the easy part of the program, although after only a 2 hour run yesterday I picked up the pace just above that of a recovery run.

I almost twisted my ankle on a tree-root crack in the park path, and was grateful I didn't do any damage. I will also be very careful of stepping on those cracks in the footpath walking down the street for the next 2 weeks.

I got out onto the golf course, without being chased by dogs or single-mothers with prams, and had a nice carefree cushioned run. I felt a bit sluggish after 30 minutes and put it down to the long grass and yesterday's workout.

I got home safely and started looking for that bubble-wrap to give myself a bit of extra protection out on the streets.

3 Comments:

At 10:57 am, Blogger Katie said...

Yep... time for the bubble wrap thats for sure!!!!

Now I will quietly admit to the 6ft seed slowly sprouting.... a sub 4hr marathon and a crack at willie to billie and we will see???

 
At 1:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good decision on the bubble wrap - I am wearing a foam suit with flashing lights and a beeper.

 
At 9:37 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Definitely time for great care and attention. Keep your eye on those dodgy Sydney footpaths and off the single mothers at all times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home