The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, March 03, 2006

Cruise Control

7.30am, 30 minutes easy, Botanical Gardens - Woolloomoolloo - Opera House

I was almost nervous getting out there this morning after a week of niggles and stiffness.
I did extra stretching, and started running like I was on egg shells. After 4 steps I realised I was niggle free and quickly slipped into the one speed for a run with minimal exertion.

It was a nice easy run, and I found a new route and new odours in the botanical gardens. I've noticed the drop in workload has made me feel more lethargic rather than pumped up this week. Lucky I'm not going to take tomorrow's run at Striders too seriously.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 am, Blogger 2P said...

You must be doing it right then DJ - the majority of studies into tapers indicate that lethargy a week out is the desired affect.

By that measure I have been tapering for months now!

 
At 3:15 pm, Blogger Katie said...

All sounds normal to me. You sound nervous..... I week to go, you will blitz it! Just do striders on 'cruise control' I might join you :-)

 
At 7:33 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, you've been busy since I last dropped by! I'm glad to see that all your niggles have settled down and are now behaving themselves in time for the big dance next Saturday.

See you on Sunday

PS 1 min units suck !

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to hear the you're niggle free. Can you tell me the secret! I'm sure you'll blitz the 10km tomorrow anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home