The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Hot pram

7.15am, CR 5 km challenge, Iron Cove bay

I thought about skipping it, since I don't need a 5km speed session to get ready for six foot track, and it is possible to strain something like a glute pretending to be fast. But I was niggle free on Friday, and after a Friday night on the iced-waters I'd just sacrificed too much not to run.

A nice early start to warm up for the 5km challenge. A good crowd there including Kit looking very fit, but no one else starting off at 18 minutes, so I went out by myself. I did not have anyone to chase but maintained a reasonable pace. I knew the 17.30 min back-markers would catch me sooner or later, and most of them did before 3km. At 3km I was 10 seconds slower than last month but travelling OK. At 4km I was being chased by Luke Skyrunner with the running pram, which is impressive. Usually I have women chasing me with a pram wanting child support. I held Luke off until the final 50m. Finished in 18.01, 2 secs off last month. Definitely picked up the pace on the pram pursuit. Pulled up fine and glad I did the workout.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

LOL :-) No wonder you run so fast!

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Great running yesterday!!! 2 secs off your PB... you msut have been snozzing somewhere :-) I know what you mean about the program.... I just keep telling myself Sean knows what he is doing! Have faith... you will run really well. YOu have put in all the hard and consistant hard work... I can't wait to watch you kick ass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home