The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, March 10, 2006

Holiday Count Down

7.00am, 25 minutes, Rushcutters Bay

Lots of stretching before I got out the door this morning. I was surprised how much better I felt afterwards.

This mornings race-eve easy run was the usual "I feel exhausted", "no energy", "nothing in the legs", "Oooh, I felt that bumpy weed all the way up the spinal cord", "there's gotta be a park-bench around here somewhere", and finally after warming up "some of my many problems aren't all physical".

I felt a bit better after 15 minutes, but couldn't bring myself to get out of a shuffle. A gorgeous morning around the Bay to match the gorgeous UK chocolates from the Owl I polished off last night.

Talking of food, carbo loading has been terrific this week. I've put on 10 kgs in weight:
Bring it on.

Actually, carbohydrate loading has not been the roaring success of past years. My stomach has shrunk over the last few months, and yesterday I had peaches, oranges, bananas and anything other fruit I could find for breakfast and morning tea, chinese dumplings and frozen yoghurt ( a real splurge) for lunch. I was psyching myself up for a big pasta dish for dinner and decided to add a small ocean trout. By the time I'd had the baked trout I was full.

Then I force fed myself muesli, yoghurt and a banana. Did I mention that backpacking for 2 years I ate bananas in Africa, Asia and Europe and my favourites are the orange-skinned variety in Kerala, India? Today I'm looking at a pizza for lunch, or maybe chinese dumplings.

Thanks again for the support and wishes. Time now to relax, read the course description, and get into holiday mode. I feel like a schoolboy going on holidays with a big trip to Katoomba for the weekend.

3 Comments:

At 10:37 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Good luck DJ. The way you have been training lately, you should bound up those hills. Looking forward to your report.

 
At 11:15 am, Blogger Lulu said...

10kgs, yeah right.. you're still pretty skeletal so I wouldn't worry too much. You should have called around here, we've still got some Ocean trout left over from the weekend.

Hope you can squeeze a bit more pasta in somewhere.

 
At 1:01 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Bring it on!!! I just got butterflies for you :-)

See you at the end!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home