The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, March 06, 2006

The Real Thing

7.30am, 45 minutes, Centennial & Moore Parks

A late start and a perfect morning for a run. A smooth jaunt up to the park, and I felt fully recovered from the 10km on Saturday and eating all that food on the weekend.

I enjoyed a pretty cruisy run and without having to concentrate on the run itself, I was starting to visualise the key six foot track run preparations:

the race eve ritual of uncorking a bottle of cab sav, so pleasantly intoxicated opening and spraying the second bottle like champagne, trying out a few sleazy lines on the scandanavian tourists at the hotel, staggering off to bed, waking up in a strange bedroom in the middle of the night and forgetting where the toilet and lights are - all the visualisations came rushing back to help me execute like clockwork on the day.

By the time I stopped day-dreaming I was back home after a pretty relaxing run.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Hopefully in the dream you wake up on time and get to the start line.

 
At 9:59 pm, Blogger 2P said...

You see how much more up-market than me you are DJ - I just see a 4 pack of Guiness and a bed pan....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home