The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The tapering of the lentils

6.00am, 30 minutes easy, Woolloomooloo - Botanical Gardens

Thanks for the comments and feed back from the loyal army of friends and readers. I did forget to mention that the there will be a race report regardless of the outcome: crash, burn or sink on Saturday. Thanks also to 2Ps, the blog will be extended beyond a description of my humility in order to reach a second paragraph.

This morning was a nice easy run after red lentils for dinner last night. Warmed up pretty quickly and cranked out the output around the Botanical Gardens. I ran a bit faster too. It was still dark coming into the Botanical Gardens and quite a pleasant night vista of the city and the Manly ferry with lights on

I was moving smoothly and probably close to a sustainable race pace. There is a weird freshness in the legs at the moment. It would be good to bottle it. But instant fitness would spoil all the fun of those gruelling long training runs. I got home pretty fresh and shaping up to continue the main battle of the week - the battle of the bulge. Appetite up, kilometres down, but I'm doing ok on that front so far. I'm off now to suck on a celery stick.

5 Comments:

At 8:19 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Smooth, fresh. These are the words that I want to hear. Sounds like your race ready to me ! Best of luck on Saturday DJ. :)

 
At 12:24 pm, Blogger 2P said...

LOL DJ - I wouldn't miss your blog for quids! Apart from anything else alphabetically you are always on the top of my bloglines lisy :-)

Ahhh yes - the battle of le bulge..... I knows it well -particularly since I haven't run since Sunday.

Look for me on Saturday - I will be the thing you mistake for Kevin Tillers bold new advertising strategy of hiring a blimp.

 
At 3:06 pm, Blogger Katie said...

*** PUT THE CELERY DOWN** Please... I am with GG seriously concerned about your shrinking state! I hope it not windy on Saturday (apart from you of course)you might get blown away :-)

DJ's Bottled Fitness... works instantly! Id buy some :-)

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Step away from the celery.. you don't need to worry, you're looking very svelte!

Sounds like you are raring to go.. it's very exciting!

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like a bottle of weird freshness too...what's this about celery...better read that post again as I think I may have missed something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home