The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thanks for the memories

6.30am, 3 km hills, Centennial Park

An light session with Sean's squad at the last training session before 6 foot. I did a shortened version of Big Bertha. Good numbers out there. Kit made a special trip out. I ran with Royworlds the whole way around chatting about six foot track. Nice to cruise around without expending great effort. I could get used to this.

At the end of the session, I received a surprisingly big and moving farewell from Sean and the group. Feels like I'm off to the Commonwealth Games. Maybe they know something I don't.

Completing six foot track is the last of my long term goals set back in June when I started training with Sean. Thanks to those I've ran with and shared the journey with. You'll be in my thoughts on Saturday as I draw strength from the support I received and tackle the course again.

7 Comments:

At 11:10 am, Blogger Tesso said...

GOOD LUCK ON SATURDAY!!!!!

 
At 12:40 pm, Blogger Katie said...

You have been great fun to train with and you deserve a fantastic result! I hope you enjoy this one...all the hard work is done :-)It is exciting getting to share the experience with you!

Go Mark.... just warming up!

 
At 3:11 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Enjoy it DJ

:-)

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger Dave said...

Go hard Don!!

Looking forward to catching up after the race.

 
At 7:39 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Go hard or go home!

*Kidding

Good luck & happy trails. See you then !

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good luck DJ. Hope you can sway the track to treat you nicely. Either that or drag it kicking and screaming back to Caves House and have a beer. That means have a great race.

 
At 7:53 am, Blogger Spud said...

Have a good 'un Don!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home