The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

ANZAC day marching

6.15 am, 4 * 1500, Centennial Park

A good crowd at morning training including guest appearances from Fats, Vat, Greta T. , 'the Marathoners' who are still on the celebrity circuit after Canberra, and Billy Idol in new-looking puma runners that Amjan pointed out to me.

Slowly wound up the times: I ran the first rep with Royworlds and Wine Trail Runner. Then I tried to follow Greta and Vat around, and I was quite intrigued with how Greta would kick and go with Vat when he tried to pass her. I stopped feeling soft and sensitive and picked up the pace toward the end of the third rep. Hung on for the last rep. It was a good session.

Times were 5.54, 2 * 5.40(-ish) , 5.27.

Accounting for his sporadic appearances, Billy told me after training that he is pretty much on the go for most of the week with a schedule that includes: tennis, ocean-swimming, life-guarding, boxing, body-balance, and exercise-instructor. I'll be eating my words that he won't last at training with a hyper-active routine like that.

Royworlds spied Superflake in Centennial Park. SF was looking fit, and I wondered if Blue Dog was sending Bernie G down to the Park to pick up some intelligence on SF's progress .

4 Comments:

At 11:24 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Sadly the Barossa half is on whilst we are in Europe. Maybe next year we should all go; I might even be ready to run it myself by then.

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice times for 1500's - Keiren Perkins never went that fast....

 
At 8:32 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I'm a stone over my fighting weight so there must be much laughter in the Doghouse tonight.

 
At 10:40 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ok, enough taunting. We need a pic of Billy Idol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home