The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, April 17, 2006

Sex & Death

8.00am, 40 minutes easy, Woolloomooloo - Botanical Gardens

It took me about 35 minutes to warm up and by then I was almost home again. Nice crisp morning for a run. After reading 2P's blog yesterday, I kept listening for my virtual HRM to beep but my legs told me 'don't bother with the ticker we call the shots', which is pretty right.

I ran past the Botanical Gardens Glass-house and the big red banner outside said "Sex and Death - orchids and carnivore plants" so it's all happening in the garden. I'll read the additional fine-print on the next run. Not that I was running that fast, I was too busy watching my step for sex or death.

The training program has me dropping down in kms this week for an easy week, so easy it will be. This is written for MPHaz who occasionally reads this blog with incredulity, and doesn't believe that I am taking it as easy as I say. Would I lie to you honey?

3 Comments:

At 3:21 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Ahhhh.... YES!

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Was that an easy 10k in the 40 mins. It works for Guzzo.Or I think his is an easy 14ks in 55mins. Scary thought. Just go easy then and we will see what North Head brings from these!

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I wouldn't argue with those calves either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home