The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, April 14, 2006

Australian Idol

9.00am, 30 minutes easy, Mrs Macquarie's Chair - Botanical Gardens - Woolloomooloo

I had a lot of fun last night at CR drinks, and drinking on an empty stomach I reached my lacked-ate (lactate) threshold after a couple of hours. I tried ingesting a falafel gel which delivered enough energy to get home by 11 pm.

An easy run this morning in the brilliant sunshine and due to the late start I ran into a huge crowd of Japanese and Chinese tourists at Mrs Macquarie's Chair, and became one of the most photographed athletes in the Asia-Pacific region. I quickly disappeared into the anonymity of the botanical gardens and turned around at the Opera House.

The body and head were feeling OK but not fabulous, and it was a pretty easy run after last night. I was lucky the program said only 30 minutes.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I took so long making my mind up to go for drinks it was too late
:-( That will teach me to dither!

 
At 5:16 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Hmmm sounds like that drinking and eating schedule requires some structure.... though to be fair lacked-ate drinking training is cheap.

 
At 8:26 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Good idea with the falafel gel last night. I should have done the same thing. No wonder I felt shite during today's run...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home