The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, April 24, 2006

Yesterday's hero

7.00am, 1 hour, Centennial Park

I slept well after the physical hammering I gave myself over the weekend.
Never again ;-).

It took me about 20 minutes to warm up this morning, and I swapped running wardrobes into the t-shirt for the cooler winter running, only for sweat to start pouring off the brow. I should've stayed in the six foot track singlet for another week. I'll just have to wear it around the house today: Yesterday's hero. From Saturday's race results, it looks like I came first in the age category, at least first amongst those who could be bothered to register in my age category (and ignoring Keith Bateman in the 50+), so don't write me off yet kids as a one-hit wonder.

Some overnight rain had softened the ground which made Centennial Park less dusty, softer and nicer to run on. I started feeling fatigued around 30 minutes and commenced winding down the run which was very pleasant, particularly when the sun came out for a while.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger 2P said...

Well not until next time anyway....

You mean you don't sleep in your Six Foot gear - I do! Oooo and a podium finish I see - well done ;-)

 
At 5:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, ideal surface around the park this morning - we must have almost crossed paths. Royworlds was there too and dragged me around for a half loop. I noticed Hilda (refer lulublogspot) may be after the lentil stew recipe.

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

But I like getting hammered at the weekends or during the week come to mention it.

Nice work on the age group win too! You should have drunk more to celebrate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home