The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Saturday Night Fever

8.00am, 2 hours, Moore & Centennial Parks, Randwick racecourse

A very late start for me. Slept in to almost 8am. Last night I had the pleasure of Lulu and Wine Trail Runner's company for dinner. WTR really should do that food and wine blog.

I felt a bit washed out this morning: must have been something in the lentils last night. But I felt good considering I'd been racing 8km yesterday afternoon. And gee it was good to sock back a few drinks, get really hammered, and then go out running the morning after on reduced sleep: just like an 1980's flashback, Saturday night fever.

The run was uneventful apart from a new diversion around Randwick racecourse which is a run I used to do when I lived in Kensington in 1996-7. The speed of the run was all over the place.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Hope you enjoyed getting really hammered with us. We had fun and the lentils and trout were lovely. Thanks. I'm sure they had special healing powers!

 
At 7:54 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Thats what happens when you fuel your runs with lentils.... no consistant out put ;-) Ray got some really great shots of you yesterday.... seriously if you stopped posing for the camera heheh! (I will email you a copy~ very good running form!)

 
At 9:35 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Maybe you left the platform shoes on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home