The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Wild Wally: wanted Dead or Alive

6.15 am, Wild-Wally 5 * 700m hill circuit, Centennial Park

A cast of thousands out at Sean's morning squad today. Some very good runners with Royworlds navigating by his Garmin 305 with eyes closed. A lot of talk at training of Ewan and Amjan doing mountain running, and Sean can envisage Ewan representing Australia in 2007: and you think I make this stuff up. Royworlds was running well now that he's got some decent athletes to run with.

I was slow to warm up in the drills again but better than before: I could be an afternoon runner after all. I followed Liz Miller around during most laps. She is coming back from injury so Liz didn't disappear too quickly. I also had Sparkie, Vespa and the tanned Adonis whizzing past on different laps: none of this boring predictability of the old squad days. I couldn't decide if I was running these laps well or not since it has been about 2 months since I last did Wild wally.

Times were more consistent. Ran the laps in 2.34, 2.26, 2.25, 2.24 and 2.21.

6 Comments:

At 9:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually meant to ask you and Ewan this morning whether you have signed up to do the Athletics NSW races? The winter races are really fun, and you two are running so well that you would be a great asset to the Striders. Email Glenn for details.

Sorry for posting rather than emailing - couldn't find your addresses.

 
At 11:37 am, Blogger Superflake said...

I thought you did enough hills each day running from the X down to the Domain and back.

 
At 2:05 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice consistent times sounds like you have Wild Wally cornered.

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Katie said...

You guys all ran well this morning.... blistering pace by the front greyhounds. I am with amanda... I hope you have both registered for the winter season!!!

 
At 3:03 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Whats this about the boring predictability of the old squad?

 
At 7:55 pm, Blogger Katie said...

You did not break though.... looking good!

Haha I think our bludging days are limited :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home