The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Purring along like a Rolls Royce

6.15 am, 1 hour fartlek, Centennial Park

A big crowd at Sean's training but no Billy Idol or Warwick Capper this morning.

Legs felt good after a sluggish day yesterday. I think I've almost recovered from 6 foot track and there' s a real challenge next week when I'll have to find some new excuses, or run hard. Between surges I recovered pretty well this morning, and maintained a good work rate chasing Ewan, Liz, Sean and half the squad it seemed. Wine Trail Runner was running well since he no longer has a car to rely on. Happily some insurers are funding a replacement car for him which wouldn't take into account the previous damage caused by his careless wife. Years ago I studied a case in tort law on liability for repairs after multiple accidents on a rolls-royce. Mine doesn't have a scratch on it.

A touch of Canberra marathon fever in the air this morning with a number of entrants tapering down. Kit looking very composed, and could be in sub 3 hr 30 min condition. Actually there is the danger of over-hyping expectations and putting too much pressure on someone before a race; which is one reason why I like to stay under the radar or have a bit of fun with a credible underestimate of the finishing time. So I will say that Kit looked shocking this morning, especially carrying that fractured pelvis and bird flu.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Blogger Lulu said...

I might be careless and carless but at least I wasn't the one who wrote it off.

I think you can stop mentioning 6ft now. It's over...if you want more kudos you'll have to do it again :)

 
At 11:00 am, Blogger 2P said...

Hmm have you been flying Tesso's F26?

I think empathy for returning Canberrians next week would work as an excuse ;-)

 
At 11:16 am, Blogger Katie said...

Cough, splutter!!!

HAHAHA! I will be right now I have your luck... so no dramas! I was so self obsessed I did not even notice the abscence of Billy and Warwick Cappa!!!

Come and do the marathon... that will give you a reason to run slower!! I am sure Lulu will give you a lift ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home