The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, April 13, 2006

A new red wine & Big Bertha

6.15 am, Big Bertha 4.5 km hill circuit, Centennial Park

Good to see WildThing out there this morning for her debut Big Bertha, and Ellie made it back for a second session with Sean this week: If she's not careful she might get fit and fast.

With increased numbers on the circuit there were people all over the circuit this morning providing constant action. For me this was the first hill training for over a month, and I felt strong for the first 15 seconds before starting to fade. The theory of a long summer of hills providing some lasting benefit goes out the window for the time being. Ewan and Mr Ed disappeared quickly ahead to run course PBs and I had Vespa and Cindy close behind just cruising and checking out the course.

Ran 17.34, which was not a bad time. Good news this week is the low-grade achilles tendon soreness I've had since early March is receding while I've been ramping up the kms and speed work. I've increased the stretching, switched all my runners to less support and lower heels, and drank a new cabernet sauvignon, and something worked. Happy as a pig in shit.

8 Comments:

At 9:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've taken to reading your blog to remind myself what training I did.

Please provide more details of new cabernet sauvignon. It seemed to work for you

 
At 10:49 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like another big day on big bertha. Hope the achilles continues to improve. I can highly recommend Easy Tiger for fixing achilles... done wonders for me. What's the new wine called?

 
At 12:13 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

thanks don juan - i had better be careful - don't want to get toooo fast or i would have an identity crisis.

 
At 1:29 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Oink, oink - glad you lasted 15 seconds.... though I suspect you are sandbagging a bit given the 17.34 result....

 
At 2:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wine trade spies tell me the current releases of Saltram Mamre Brook and Wynns Black Label cabernets are absolute crackers and both sub $20.

 
At 5:36 pm, Blogger Katie said...

A pig in shit hey.... I miss every thing!!!!

15 secs... there is treatment for that you know ;-)

 
At 10:33 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Just what I like running and red wine. In fact was that another bottle I hear calling?
Good to see you mounted Bertha for the first time in a month. I was getting worried the powers of Don Juan had diminished!

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Ok, let us all in on the secret. I need all the help I can get. What cab sav was it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home