The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Secret training

6.30am, 90 minutes, SMH half marathon course

While contemplating where to go for this morning's long run, a moment of inspiration suggested the SMH 1/2 course for a bit of variety and secret training.

I was very slow to get going after yesterday's intervals. It took me 15 minutes to warm up and then I felt tired after 25 minutes. I reached the SMH 1/2 course at the Art Gallery to be overtaken by some weekend warriors. I skipped the Mrs Macquarie's Chair section since I've done that regularly and headed into the city.

It was quite good to run over the course after almost a year. From memory, the SMH 1/2 has ended up as my regular 'coming back from injury' race. So fatigue has set in early during past races, and I'm still haunted by the never-ending Hickson Road finishing straight.

This morning most sections of the course seemed shorter particularly around the Rocks. There were a few people running around the city but few others were on secret training. I stopped and stretched after 45 minutes, felt much better again, and then did a second lap of the course with a couple of shortcuts.

5 Comments:

At 10:01 am, Blogger Lulu said...

I remember that Hickson road finish last year seemed to go on forever; I was convinced they had moved the finish line from where it appeared to be the first two times I passed it.

Glad it's not just me that feels that way.

 
At 10:16 am, Blogger Superflake said...

No more secret training now mate. I like a long finish straight so I can see someone to chase down.

 
At 10:41 am, Blogger 2P said...

I think I will need those shortcuts.

You did so well at recent 'away' game imagine how good the 'home' season is going to go!

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Dave said...

Ah posting about secret training :)

That can only mean there is other even more sekrit training going on.

 
At 11:19 am, Blogger Katie said...

You are such a cheeky bugger!!! Half the fun is trying to work out what you are actually ding and not blogging ;-)

Hahaha Can't wait to get back next week and see Billy Idol... cracked up readding your blogs!

Oh my God!!! Did I read correctly... vespa and sparkie!!!! Us slowies are going to get Sooooo lapped!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home