The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The green, green grass of home

6.45 am, 90 minutes, Moore & Centennial Parks

I timed the start perfectly to run into driving rain after 30 seconds. Although from the blue sky and broken cloud above, I knew the rain wouldn't last.

I decided to go for the grass surfaces this morning, and headed to the parks. Moore Park lived up to its name with more driving rain, and a few other nutty people exercising in the rain. A few keen golfers were out on the course in the rain so I'll have to get out earlier to beat them next time.

I ran with a consistent effort and variable pace this morning; just getting a few kilometres into the legs and enjoying the soft surfaces of the golf course and Centennial Park. There is also something very pleasant about running in a sea of green grass on a sculptured landscape that allows the mind to wander away from traffic and tree roots. The thick grass on the golf course also seems to make me work a bit harder and suck the energy out of the legs so I ended up running different paces according to surface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home