The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Return of the King

6.30am, 6 * 400m, Centennial Park

A nice return to a shortened program on the oval with Sean. There was a cast of thousands out there this morning. I think I saw Mr Lulu counting them all. I did not know about half the people.

For a change I felt fresh and fine for the warm ups, and then I was a bit flat during the repetitions. I only had to do 6 reps so no need to hold much back for the later reps. No real surprises on the flatness after the lay-off. It is funny how these races like six foot can play havoc with your training performance.

400 m rep. times were roughly between 1.22 - 1.17. Royworlds looked like he'd been doing secret training again.

Thanks to Kit for the photo taken by Ray at six foot track at about the 44.5 km mark. I had a very focused look on the face as I was thinking 'don't fall over', and mentally calculating, not the finish time, but the queue for the hot showers.

And I promise my blog will contain less references to six foot after a couple more months.

6 Comments:

At 9:45 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Did you get a rapturous round of applause at your return. I hope you let Mr lulu play at the front for at least one lap.

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok where's the photo then?

 
At 12:32 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I would have thought nothing less than a tickertape parade would have been in order.

Seriously though - maybe you should consider giving up racing if it is going to interfere with your training like that.

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I was looking for a Paul Arthur reference. I'm helping Sat at Striders as well. Very twisty course so heaps of helpers needed. See you there mate.

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Katie said...

We didn't want to overwhelm you so held off with the ballons and party hats ;-) Seriously woo hoo to see you back!! Nice running for a recovery!!!

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger Jen said...

You've got about a month of Six Foot references left - after that, we don't want to hear another word about it ;-)

BTW, I don't snore!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home