The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Zombie

6.15am, 2.4km * 2 reps, 1.6km *1 rep , Centennial Park

Apologies to the good readers for me having written so much drivel lately; I am slightly sheepish so much rubbish yesterday attracted so many comments. The recent rubbish is in contrast to the earlier masterpieces of English prose. I was watching the Alan Clark Diaries on the ABC last Sunday and struck by the wealthy Englishman's florid turns of phrase and shagging multiple women at the same time. There is something very appealing about the english way of life.

I was feeling tired in the legs this morning at training, and couldn't do much about it. During all repetitions I fell off the back of the tightly bunched A-team of runners pretty quickly this morning, and ran with all my mates pat-malone. I even started day-dreaming during the second repetition until Sean woke me up with a slow sounding lap time. I was oblivious to pain this morning. I was running not so much like a machine but more of a Zombie.
I might get out the voodoo dolls and make-up for Sunday's race.

.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 am, Blogger Superflake said...

I thought you were the A team? Take some of those Westcott approved No-Doz to wake you up.

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger 26miles said...

That's a big session a few days before a race - I notice S.W's arvo runners had a much easier session - 4k's of windsprints - wise to take it easy. I'll be following you, following Mo and Vat around on Sunday - good luck.

 
At 5:20 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Be thankful your not the A-team... all those gold chains and funny hair do's~ not your style ;-)

Rest up for Sunday!!!

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Rest up DJ and have a great run on Sunday!

 
At 3:05 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Perhaps you could wrap yourself in bandages from head to foot and make a comeback - dang - no - that doesn't work.... it's return of the mummy isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home