The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Tempo and sleep

7.30am, 25 minute tempo, Centennial Park

Program said tempo run at half marathon pace. It's been a while since I ran one in September 2005. The legs felt good. I did a lengthy warm up, and then did a good 25 minute tempo run at around half marathon pace around the perimeter of Centennial Park. I took off closer to 10km pace, slowed down pretty quickly, then kept up a good pace for the rest of the run. Not sure if I could do the pace for another hour or so, maybe longer next Sunday at the SMH 1/2 marathon.

A good warm down and the saturday run was all over by 9.00 am, in theory allowing for a productive day. I still collapsed and went out like a light for an afternoon nap. Exercise is supposed to help you sleep, but not all day.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 pm, Blogger Jen said...

It's called 'recovery' DJ ;-) I just pity those pore buggers who don't run and don't have such a legit excuse for an afternoon siesta ;-)

 
At 10:55 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I wish I had an afternoon siesta today except I had to run. Be in the park early, early tomorrow for about 1.5hrs.

 
At 11:24 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

So DJ, what's your half mara PB? And what's the goal for next Sunday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home