The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hot and Cold

7.00am, 90 minutes, Centennial Park

An easier Sunday than usual and I realised I'd worked harder than I thought yesterday by the tiredness in the legs. In a small group of three I did an inside fence, then outside circuit of the park.

Bumped into Lulu and Wine Trail Runner at Darley Road looking very fit. Lulu kept bobbing up everywhere around the park, so she must have been fleet of foot. Lulu seemed to know the Park shortcuts better than Billy Idol too.

It was a cool overcast day for a run, and the body didn't enjoy it as much as usual. I was still warming up the legs after 90 minutes of running. I might have to get back into the 2 hour warm-ups, or move to Cairns. I've got an easier week tapering for the SMH 1/2 next Sunday, so I'll wait a week before I call the removalists.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I know that park like the back of my hand and could show Billy a thing or two.

Enjoy your light week and we'll see you at the SMH half. I'm making muffins again.

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I see you in 80's style leg warmers DJ - Cairns is so FNQ.....

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Rest up...can't wait to see you blast around the city on Sunday! I think I will be cheering.

 
At 4:08 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Billy needed a good short cut after that NRL final fiasco!

I hope it goes well for you on Sunday DJ. Try and make Sean look good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home