The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Not so Big Bertha

6.15am, 3 km hill circuit, Centennial Park

Since I am running at the ANSW long cross country race on Saturday at Nowra, I got to do a truncated (guess who's been reading statistics lately) Big Bertha hills circuit at a 'steady' pace.

There was a good crowd out there at training with Sean, with a few notable absentees from those also likely to be running at Nowra. I heard Kit handing out running advice described by Kerry as advice from a seasoned professional. I added that she'd run a marathon now, which prompted a laugh and sounded a bit nasty in retrospect: I'm supposed to be a sensitive guy now but it seems a leopard can't change its spots when I go for the quick and cheap laughs. I might have to go for the really goofy jokes now at training ;-).

Dimitri and Liz took off up front and I followed Jenny, who is also running Nowra and supposed to be taking it easy, until she blew me away on the second lap. We went through the first lap at close to my PB pace so I eased off and wound my way around 5 more laps which felt pretty good.

A long warm down and another chat to Dean who's back after an 8 month absence.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 pm, Blogger Katie said...

*Sob* I am only just recovering ;-)

I had been talking about the weather in Canberra being so bloody cold and actually didn't get what you both were talking about and what it had to do with a marathon.... haha I just put that down to the time of the morning and my brain not working!

See you Saturday!

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger blues buffett said...

Quite a bit O/T:

congrats on re-taking no.1 spot on the AFL tipping (curse those 5 bonus points for 8 right!).
I'm trying to peg you back , but this split round is anyone's guess!!!
Oh, and on topic: envious about your running venues - Kellyville is a great place to live, but CP is the second best place in Sydney for running (1 = Bay Run)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home