The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Big Rain in Wellington

7.30am, 1 hour 45 minutes, Wellington - Island Bay - Mt Cook - Botanical Gardens

The rain stopped just before run time and it was a totally different overcast and wet atmostphere in Wellington.

No wrong turns down to the deserted beach with dual warnings of undercurrents and sewerage discharge. Lucky I didn't bring the bathers. This morning I did the City to Sea walk in reverse.

There were lots of panoramic views from the western hills of Wellington. Lots of climbing and a pretty slow slog in parts. The legs were pretty tired, and I certainly wasn't as fast and flashy as yesterday in the Wellington bog. After 60 minutes I got a second wind (without lentils) as I reached suburbia and the inner city. The rain held off all the way. The track was harder to follow and tested the orienteering skills, but it was fun to get lost in a strange city: I knew the general lay-out of the town, and had a crude map.

Tomorrow's forecast is cold and windy with more showers.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I was going to suggest the Botanical Gardens - you can catch the tram up and run back down the hull.

Don't forget to go to the museum - best thing in Wello - much better than that silly beehive!

Oh yeah and try the fush n chups ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home