The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

City to Surf sizzle

7.00 am, 1 hour 30 minutes, City (Kings Cross) to Surf - Bellevue Hill - Rushcutters Bay

For the mid-week long run, I gambled by getting off the grass and doing a trial City to Surf run on the road.

I started at Kings Cross, immediately felt surprisingly good going up the Edgecliff hill and the Double Bay incline where I bumped into Big Andy from the squad running topless! It wasn't exactly steamy and sultry out there despite all the solariums at Double Bay. I attacked Heartbreak hill up past the girl's school, and recovered by the Vaucluse cemetery where I'm going to bury MPH on race day. I again attacked the hills on Military Road, eased off downhill to Bondi then pushed it along Campbell Parade and ran down the finish driveway in 58.40 secs.

I still had a spring in my step going up Birriga Road to Bellevue Hill where I caught and passed a cyclist; he looked a bit low on testosterone. I was in sizzling form this morning, and running just doesn't get much better than this.

6 Comments:

At 11:15 am, Blogger Spud said...

Giddyup DJ, nice running mate.

 
At 11:31 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Woohoo - looks like you're gonna carve 'em up Sunday week.

 
At 12:46 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Bring it on!!!

I had awful flash backs to that Birriga hill from last year!

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Well its about time you got back on the horse. Chemical Haz will be in for a shock next week when you power up HBH past him.

 
At 8:24 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

Good to see you overcome your foot problems quicker than expected. Was it the red lentils powering you up those hills?

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger blues buffett said...

one might almost say that you gambled then gambolled..

congrats on retaining the lead in the afl : looks like you have another challenger - not sure who they are - do you know them??

BTW, blog update slightly delayed..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home