The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Aviary

7.30 am, 6 km tempo, Queen's Park

Woke early and did the early stretches in front of Thunderbirds, are GO.

Felt much better than yesterday's soft performance, and thoroughly warmed up through Centennial Park for 25 minutes. Then ran 3 * 2km laps of Queen's Park with a mixed group of Sean's squad members.

Belzy the R4YL covergirl was way out in front and Big Andy was there to sit right behind me for the first 4km until I started fading badly, then he blew me away in the last lap. I finished in 23.01.

I was in town first for yum cha, food shopping, CDs, and then bought the new swimwear at Paul's warehouse: baggy black swim shorts with an aviary of space in the front for the giant budgies.

Bought albums by Youth Group, Something for Kate, and David Bowie Best of album including 'Heroes'. Should be buying John Paul Young: 'Yesterday's Hero'.

I am more tired from shopping than running. Now completely wrecked and a blithering mess.

2 Comments:

At 6:37 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Enjoy the new togs!

I have been running around 50km per week and trying to get 5-6 runs in per week.
Length of long runs have been a bit lacking of late mostly 10km and a few 15km.

My confidence is bruised but i can only do my best.
R2B

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

What? No Sherbet CDs? I guess they were sold out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home