The Adventures of Don Juan

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Striders Lane Cove 10km

7.00 am, Striders 10 km, Lane Cove

The main objective was to get in a solid workout in preparation for next week's city to surf and run at around 80% effort in accordance with Sean's recommendation. I thought I'd go around in 4 min/km pace. Not much faster since I was running the ANSW 4 km relays this afternoon.

It was harder work than I expected, especially up the hills. I pretty much followed Glenn Guzzo the 40 minute pacer around the course. I saw Professor going for his first sub 40 minute 10 km so dropped back to encourage him along until 7 km when he fell away. I had about 100m to catch up to Guzzo at one stage so worked harder until 9 km when everybody took off to the finish line. Again harder than I expected. I finished with the pack at 39.40.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Didn't get to meet you today Don Juan but evidently i was running near you on the Glen Guzzo bus until i tanked...

I was the guy on his right for the first few km.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home