The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, September 08, 2006

Beefy

9.00 am, 1.2 km, Boy Charlton pool

I'm edging closer to a run, but got down to the pool to carve up the pool for one final swim before the comeback from semi-retirement to Centennial Park this weekend for a run.

After 10 days or so of no running, I'm beefing up a bit and I had to ease gently into the pool causing the 50 metre pool water to overflow and pour over the sides of the pool.

After a week of swimming I'm also getting more fluid. Most of the power seems to come from the deltoids, and I dragged off a couple of battlers in the next lane when I thrashed around making a splash. I've also realised that I have muscles around the arm pits that haven't been used for 9 years.

I walked up some stairs coming home, knees were wobbly and my fitness was shot. Hope I can fit into the old running shorts and t-shirts.

6 Comments:

At 1:14 pm, Blogger 26miles said...

Perhaps next Sundays 4k family run is too much for you nowadays - you could always cheat and swim over to the Opera house though.

 
At 4:49 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Whew, good to hear the runing comeback isn't far away. Thorpey was getting worried.

 
At 3:02 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I think that's why they invented stretchy lycra. Good luck with the running DJ.

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Impressiv ethat you've kept the swimming up DJ - look forward to reading the next running post.

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Maybe I'll be able to keep up with you on the bridge for more than 50 metres.

 
At 7:01 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried aquarobics? Very good exercise for those who are a bit heavy as you are practically weightless in the pool and the water hides all the unsightly bulges. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home