The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bubbles

7.30, 1 km, Boy Charlton Pool

I went for the fluid option this morning of a swim, and I blew a few bubbles in a relatively effortless performance. I did spot the local swim coach in action and I need stroke correction lessons. But I keep going for a run instead of a regular swim.

Talking of bubbles, last Saturday night at Kings Cross I also saw a few bubbles in a specially constructed 4 metre high water tank just inside the front door of the Las Vegas Hotel. You'll have to trust me on this one, but it was my first visit to this venerable institution, before or after the recent renovations. The tank contains a chair bolted to the floor and two go-go dancing poles rather than exotic marine life, much to my disappointment. At 11.00pm the bubbles and flashing lights came on and two dancers modestly clad in one-piece swimsuits descended down the poles in fire-brigade style. It was a pretty tame performance. I could've done better.

8 Comments:

At 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, sign me up for that performance please:)....
I am sorry to hear that you were alittle gassy this morning...I hope no one else noted those pesky bubbles:>)....no snake sightings this morning??

 
At 10:34 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Looking forward to the performance tomorrow night!

 
At 10:35 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Well, except for the sight of you in a one piece ;-)

 
At 11:19 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

CR Christmas Drinks needs a new location. The adventures of DJ was on fox this afternoon. Just missed it.

 
At 8:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep my eye out for that floral print...very noice:)

 
At 11:17 am, Blogger 2P said...

Whoo needs stroke correction when you have an inbuilt lentil powered propulsion unit?

 
At 2:59 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

There are plenty of pole dancing classes around these days. In fact I think Owly was considering enrolling. You could tag along and show up all the ladies.

 
At 3:35 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Dung it DJ! You've got a hide to use up all the calf puns. You deserve a pat on the back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home