The Adventures of Don Juan

Friday, October 20, 2006

CSI Woolloomooloo

8.00 am, 35 minutes, Woolloomooloo - Opera House - Botanical Gardens

After yesterday's swim which was surprisingly good, I resumed foot patrols around the neighbourhood keeping an eye out for felons.

As well as a fistful of felons, there are a lot of fashionable gay guys that live in this neck of the woods. As a result the local opportunity shop is pretty well stocked with last season's wardrobe. At the opportunity shop I did see a number of customers stocking up on what is the criminal wardrobe of choice amongst the Darlinghurst Road set: track suit pants, baseball cap, nike runners, and sports-top. It is a functional wardrobe. There was a guy in Darlinghurst Road near the police station last month wearing a t-shirt that said:

"It is not a crime if you don't get caught".

11 Comments:

At 2:03 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Be careful crossing jurisdictions DJ you may find yourself ostracised on foreign turf.

Perhaps your foot patrol uniform could have - "It's only a matter of time" printed fore and aft - oh yeah and wear a red beret like they do in the US ;-)

 
At 2:09 pm, Blogger speedygeoff said...

faster DJ, faster

 
At 2:14 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

If you want to go incognito I can lend you a maroon jersey .... unless you already have one.

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Incognito ? Running through the Cross you should dress in your Huggy Bear pimp clothes. When running in W'loo I'd recommend your Mission Beat homeless man threads.

 
At 4:13 pm, Blogger blues buffett said...

Clothing? I think the Jimmy "Dynomiiight!" Walker look would be pretty cool. Or even Kojak: perhaps they sell non-spiked flavoured chuppa cups there...

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Don't knock Vinnies. I once snow skiied in a pale blue safari suit for a day at Mt Hotham. Quite cold actually.

 
At 5:34 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Ahhh I feel better now that I have had my hit of your blog ;-) I think your going slowly mad with all this down time!!! Nice to see your as entertaining as ever!!

Ps Ray is my knight in shining armour.....sword and all ;-)

Watch out I am going to pass this address to my mad sister who is keen to have a sneak peak at your blog!!

 
At 9:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO LATE...I have arrived, and there is no turning back now!!!
The thought of the budgies still has my mind a racing to be honest....BUT, my thoughts on your crime fighting uniform are this:
nope, sorry it is gone, the budgies are still at work:)

 
At 5:30 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Perhaps you can get yourself some nice fashioable PJs for your hospital stay whilst your in the Opshop.

Keep up the good work protecting the streets of your 'hood.

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

You could be race director of the inaugural Felon Fun Run.

Hope the lanes down at Boy Charlton are still wide enough.

 
At 10:47 am, Blogger R2B said...

Ah clasic!

G' Da hoods a safer place when your 'round.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home