The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Big Bertha 5 km Hills

6.30am 5km hill repetitions, Centennial Park

A good crowd at Sean's squad for 'Big Bertha' hills session, including the return of the King, Royworlds, after his triumphant CC half trophy-winning performance.

Took off up the hill not sure of the course changes on this continuous 10 * 500 course. Thought I might follow Royworlds around the course, but ended up by myself looking at shaggy dogs walking through the park. Started overtaking people after a few laps which made me feel more tired, and despite how it might look to others, I don't enjoy overtaking people at all on this course; races are different.

Finished in 17.21 and I must be cutting a few corners off 5km since I don't run that time on the flat.

Back at McKay oval, I was quizzing Lulu about Wine Trail Runner's absence and with noisy jackhammers demolishing the nearby toilet block, I heard Lulu say she was rubbing WTR's 'muscle' running along his leg which was already very 'stiff' and this proved to be a disabling condition. Sounded very serious.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 am, Blogger 2P said...

Solid workout DJ - you run faster on hills than on the flat - bodes well for March ;-)

 
At 11:04 am, Blogger Lulu said...

It's very serious, that's why I had to send him down to the beach for a cold swim this morning.

BTW both Mine and KIT's Garmins think it's only about 4.5km, which is a shame really!

 
At 3:56 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Does 4.5km fit with your 5km time??? 17 mins is still very impressive! You looked good this morning... you hide it well if you were struggling- all that training paying off. By the way as for me having more stamina doing an extra lap...you were going just a wee bit quicker than me... or maby I will just have to go a bit quicker next time :-P

I am sorry I missed the description of poor Mr Lulu "muscle" haha sounds very interesting :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home