The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Second wind, a headwind

6.30am 90 minutes Centennial Park

The long runs tend to bring out the niggles but they all stayed at home this morning. Running on grass might be working, or I could even be getting slightly better conditioned.

The glutes and hamstrings were tired and never really loosened up. Nevertheless I was able to pick up the pace after 20 minutes and struggle to the one hour mark before slowing down again for 10 minutes. The pace ran today is best described as slow, very slow, and slower still up hills.

I got a second wind after 70 minutes, it was a head-wind. After slowing down for a further 10 minutes I recovered a bit which surprised me since earlier I felt the leg strength was all spent. Now I've only got to find another 4 hours of a second wind for six foot track. Lucky it is December.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 pm, Blogger 2P said...

You will be fine DJ - the 6' Track is all down hill from about the 39k mark ;-)

 
At 10:46 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Nice one. If you can survive the blast furnace of yesterday DJ, you can survive anything. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home