The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stalker, and loving it.

6.15 am, 1 hour 45 minutes, Centennial Park

I felt a bit tired in the legs after yesterday's intervals, so took it out easy. These mid-week sessions are getting longer and longer, Sean's trying to make me into a marathon runner.

At Centennial Park, diverted to Moore Park and ran around part of Moore Park. Back to Centennial Park and felt lethargic as I went over to Queens Park. Saw a cyclist on the ground with a handful of other cyclists supporting her. She didn't look good.

Struggling around Queens Park when a guy in black shorts breezes past me, took me a while to decide to pick up the pace and follow him. Ended up doing a 10 minute tempo run and couldn't catch him. He wasn't even going that fast.

After 1 hour 15 minutes, back to Mackay Oval, started running an inside fence and saw a triathlete ahead going at a steady pace. Slowly reeled her in, running just a tad faster. Then picked up the pace and a couple of hundred metres later, I heard someone running right behind me; the triathlete. Picked up the pace again and she followed, so eventually spoke to her saying I don't normally try to shake off people in a training run. The triathlete said she'd just come off the bike, I was running at the right pace, and I looked like I was running for a while. Yeah, thanks. Peeled off after a km with a goodbye, and shuffled home.

4 Comments:

At 10:31 am, Blogger Lulu said...

English slapper eh? I don't like competition you know! Glad I wasn't there for 1600m, perhaps I could have done 400s instead!

Glad to see Sean is making you work hard.

 
At 11:48 am, Blogger Katie said...

I have my 1hr 45 this evening... hopefully the southerly blows in. I find tues,wed, thurs really intense- it has to help in the long run :-)

 
At 4:25 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Hmmm, chasing guys in black shorts now eh???

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear you are coming back from the injury well DJ.

Maybe the guy in the black shorts had heard of you ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home