The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Doing it with the lights off

5.30 am, 1 hour 45 minutes, Rushcutters Bay - Watsons Bay - North Bondi

A marginally shorter run than the previous 3 Wednesdays. I went out slightly slower than usual, partly because it was quite dark at the start. I don't particularly like running in the dark although the time and distance seem to pass more quickly.

I felt new joint pain in the lower back during an easy downhill section. This was a bit alarming until it went away after a couple of minutes. I didn't want to push my luck for the rest of the run so I maintained a steady pace without pushing hard.

Nice sun rise at Watsons Bay, and it was pretty fresh out there this morning. Overall it was also an easier run than the last couple of weeks since the endurance has picked up.

3 Comments:

At 10:14 am, Blogger 2P said...

I set off at exactly the same time - the stars were brilliant!

You could always use a head lamp :-)

Hope the back sorts itself out soon - remember nuffin stooopid.

 
At 7:47 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Yep... very dark out there this morning! We came across a few runners with head lamps or really lost miners???

Yes definately had my water walking shoes on haha what an idiot... goes to show the brain does not function well at that time of the morning or running that distance :-) God knows where I think I am at the end of 42km???

 
At 6:40 am, Blogger Jen said...

I love your post headings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home