The Adventures of Don Juan

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Fartlek with sweat

6.30am, 50 minutes fartlek, Centennial Park

Nice and humid in the park this morning. I felt a bit tired warming up on the run to the park after yesterday's session.

Nice big group with Sean this morning including Liz Miller who is in his afternoon squad. Liz was the first placed woman a few years ago in the city to surf.

I am usually sluggish on the first fartlek surge, but today it felt good. I could feel the last few weeks of work coming together. This sensation does not happen very often and I'll try and bottle it. I felt fatigued in the recoveries, but good on the surges. Today was a good session.

4 Comments:

At 10:20 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see it's all coming together; that's always good when there's a celebrity runner in the pack.

 
At 12:40 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear it is all coming together DJ - good timing for 6 foot - hold onto it!

 
At 12:47 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Thats perfect timing DJ!!! Keep the momentum building and you will blitz 6ft! You and Liz were running FAST this morning :-) I almost died of embarresment when she asked me how I went on Thursday Oz race... "slower than you" :-)

You need some more interesting toys... unless you do your housework differntly to me!!

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger Don Juan said...

Kit you're right. I don't do housework, that's why those objects under Tagged are toys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home