The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, February 06, 2006

This is a recovery, you should see the workouts

6.15am, 1 hour, Centennial Park

After yesterday's 32km run plus 2 km warm up and 2km warm down, today's program was for one hour. The recovery run has been gently increased from 30 minutes to 1 hour. It was manageable.

My recovery the day after a long run has gone from zero in the old days, to one hour on the program. I couldn't do a lot on today's recovery run, just marvel that I could do it at all.

4 Comments:

At 8:26 pm, Blogger Katie said...

haha I was doing the same thing! I was just enjoying my run thinking "I can't believe my legs feel ok after 30kms yesterday!"

I hour on tired legs... you must recover well! Good stuff :-)

 
At 11:39 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I took the whole weekend off, Don Juan, because last Friday's run was so bad. Today however, I felt like a new old person! Legs fully recovered & full of energy, resulting in a faster, easier run (only 13km!) than I'd had for weeks. Far better than pushing ahead & continuing to run badly...me, not you!

 
At 8:07 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Congratulations must go to those legs of yours DJ. Well done.

 
At 12:55 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work DJ - speed of recovery is a sure indicator of fitness.

Was a time I thought there was no such thing as a recovery run ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home