The Adventures of Don Juan

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Big dumplings

6.30am, 90 minutes, SMH 1/2 marathon course - Surry Hills - Paddington

I ran all over the place this morning just clocking up the mid-week long run. I did one lap of the SMH 1/2 course (11km) and then tried an exploratory run through Surry Hills linking two of my other favourite runs: Moore Park & Botanical Gardens. Occasionally I branch off on a new run and find something very pleasant and find myself ;-). Other times I find something new but uninspiring. This morning was one of those other times. I probably just picked the wrong streets.

I felt very ordinary on the SMH 1/2 course: tired legs, flat, creaking left knee, and the chinese dumplings last night for dinner caused another pit-stop at circular quay toilets. That's another item along with lentils that's off the menu the night before the race. I'll be eating plain white bread on race eve the way I'm going.

3 Comments:

At 4:34 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Not much to find inspiring in the back streets of Surry Hills. You should have tried Redfern.

 
At 9:41 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

You could run up to edgecliff and do that hill up to Centennial Park for a change?
Dry white tosted bread worked for Elwood Blues.
Or try four fried chickens and a coke ala Joliet Jake.

 
At 10:19 am, Blogger Katie said...

God I was a bit scared to read your blog after that title!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home