The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The morning after

7.00am, 2 hours, Centennial Park

I slept well last night; must have put my body through some sort of physical test yesterday.

I was in pretty reasonable shape this morning after yesterday digesting Lulu's lemon and pear muffin on an empty stomach and racing the Holsworthy 10 km. I bumped into Sparkie on the way to Centennial Park and then started with Wine Trail Runner, Roysworld, Sparkie and Vespa. Royworlds had gone to an 80's party last night, drunk light beer, and come straight to training in these hilarious baggy running shorts and red Bjorn Borg sweat band under his garmin 305. He's such a card.

The pace picked up, particularly after joining Sean's main squad: so much for a recovery run. I got my second wind after an hour and ran the second inner fence lap solidly, passing Lulu, sans muffins, died in the arse right on the stroke of 2 hours, and cruised home sluggishly.

4 Comments:

At 12:09 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I only saw you once on the oval up at Oxford St. You got off easy only 2hrs. Terrific race yesterday.

 
At 3:56 pm, Blogger Jen said...

I made a soup last night that you would have loved - red lentils, carrots & sweet potato. Yum!

 
At 4:03 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

You looked very focused this morning, hanging out with Sean and Knoxy. Sadly I was without muffins and with a somewhat sore leg.

 
At 6:42 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice 2 hour go after yesterdays big effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home