The Adventures of Don Juan

Monday, September 18, 2006

Today Tonight

8.00 am, 1 kilometre, Boy Charlton Pool

Today I struggled a bit in the pool; even after a rest day from swimming attending the Sydney Running Festival and acting as 'host' of the Sydney striders recovery marquee. About time I made myself useful for a change.

It was a regulation 20 laps of the 50m pool but with no Ian Thorpe-like power from the upper body.

Yesterday's big day out was topped off last night with an impromptu farewell Italian dinner for Lulu and Steve before their impending European tour. We discussed Australian values and Today Tonight, and it wouldn't surprise me to see on the program not just Papuan 'Wa-wa' but also the scandalous 'Lulu' herself on the program. Fortunately for Lulu, Mr Lulu is removing her out of arm's reach overseas.

I should be running again very soon.

6 Comments:

At 3:17 pm, Blogger Katie said...

And such a gracious host you were!!!
I here the HOT muffins were good :-)
Thanks for your support yesterday!

 
At 6:34 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good to see you close to a running event again. Jelly babies were good.

 
At 8:55 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Drats. I didnt even know there was a tent, let alone that you were hosting it. Hope I didn't miss out on your award winning cake...

 
At 1:35 pm, Blogger 2P said...

It's not the upper body strength that does it - it's the size 17 feet and a winged keel.

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

That's why Thorpey is hiding out in the States.

 
At 8:06 am, Blogger Lulu said...

I shall be appearing on Italian TV instead though. See you when we get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home