The Adventures of Don Juan

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Blow me away

2.25 am, home

Early this morning I heard my next door neighbour talking on the landing to a tenant who had locked himself out of his flat. About an hour later I woke up to the sounds of breaking glass.

The guy has tried to climb into his flat upstairs, and fell about 6 stories to his death this morning. The ambulance people didn't bother moving him since there were no signs of life.

The body lay there for hours bleeding while the police lit up the front of the building and took all their forensic photographs. It was gruesome. Later in bed I heard the zipping of body bags and the firemen hosing the blood away. Sorry for the imagery. This just blew me away.

9 Comments:

At 7:11 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

At least he didn't hit anybody running along the footpath.

 
At 9:02 pm, Blogger blues buffett said...

A sombre post DJ, reflecting the sad event. I'm guessing alcohol was involved. Must say I know people who have done the same thing and lived. Unless you're Peter Parker, don't try it.
Guess you weren't motivated to head out for a run today.

 
At 9:47 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

Albert Einstein

 
At 8:34 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh shit! I understand wanting to nap now! Sorry if I woke you! Not sure why you wanted to put your hair in curlers though...surely that incident would be enough to curl your hair naturally?

 
At 10:08 am, Blogger PortRunr said...

Makes the price of a locksmith seem cheap. Such a terrible thing to happen.

 
At 10:15 am, Blogger Tesso said...

So tragic :-( Like BB I knew someone who did the same thing, he didn't live to tell the story though.

Guess you'll those sounds and images will be stuck in your head for a while now.

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Geez mate - these things are a bugger to get out of your mind - some pictures you just wish were erasable....

 
At 8:16 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Time to take out the curlers DJ. What's happening? Your readers aren't very patient I'm afraid...well, this one isn't!

 
At 8:47 am, Blogger R2B said...

Hey DJ!
Your back!
I lost count of the times i came here to find your blog US and only a mess of scribble!

Hope your recover goes spot on to plan!

I will check in again when i have time!

Cheers 2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home