The Adventures of Don Juan

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Long time no see - 10 * 400m

6.30am 10 * 400m at Centennial Park

A longer warm up run managed to make me so warmed up I fell out onto McKay oval looking for a second wind to do the warm up exercises. The warm up exercises were the usual fatigued effort.

Lowana blitzed the field in the first 400m. Royworlds was just playing around again in the early reps, actually he could have done the 400m reps backwards for the first nine reps. That way he could of chatted on the way around.

My times were 1.20, 1.20, 1.18, 1.18, 1.17, 1.17, 1.16, 1.15, 1.15, and 1.13.

We were broken up into 2 groups. I was in the second group and was overtaking people from group 1 over the last 150m. After 5 reps I was measuring Kit's progress by how long it took me to catch her, usually in the last 10 metres; she was hard to catch. I don't know if Ray has the same problem.

I also had to be careful I didn't push other runners, mainly Xela, off the track on the last 100m bend, or at least make the shoulder contact look accidental before she took a swan dive inside the track.

4 Comments:

At 1:01 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha... Ray has NO hope :-)
The two groups worked well this morning. I was doing the same thing... measuring how crap I was going by how quickly you all whizzed by. It helped to make me work harder in the last 100m. You were taking out xela and Royworlds did a pretty good attempt at taking Deanna out :-) Keep it up boys and I will have no competition haha

 
At 2:18 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

What's this being careful about pushing other runners. Nothin' wrong with a little 'argy bargy' every now and then ;-)

 
At 2:25 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Oooph 10*400m sounds positively ghastly - great session DJ all under 80s and that last one was flying ;-)

 
At 3:35 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Good thing I wasn't there then otherwise I may have been a victim of your argy-bargy. Was Xela chatting to you as you went past?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home